Allurmage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Private Forum for Roleplayers

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Okay guys, time for another Lecture.

Go down 
+3
SpartanMario
SinLordCrisis
Fenix
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fenix

Fenix

Random Points Counter : 8151
Random Reputation System : 21

Okay guys, time for another Lecture. Empty
PostSubject: Okay guys, time for another Lecture.   Okay guys, time for another Lecture. Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:27 am

Listen up, several things have come to my attention, I brought this up in a chat with Zero and Spart, and they both agreed with me on every matter I'm about to confront.
Say what you might, this is why I put it in the MISC topic rather than notifications in which ONLY the master admins may post in, so that it will further back the points in which I speak, and you may all confront me on them if you do not agree or in some other sort.
Issue one,
I've noticed something that's been going for worse and worse, ever since certain events were created, and certain factions, this forum has been snowballing..
I hardly recognize it from where it used to be merely a couple weeks ago.
But now that I open my eyes I realize that it has been going for months.. I will attempt to open your eyes as well.
The chain of events that has been set in motion by the creation of one rigged faction, I knew this was going to happen, no matter how passive or hostile that faction may be, there seems to be a need for competitiveness amongst this forum. And in this chain of events, only a select few have been willing to hold their peace and not attempt to create an even more rigged faction to step up to the competition. Eventually people will be making stronger and stronger factions, better and better ones, to further outstripe everyone else until even the common infantry soldier is god modded.
Listen, this is what makes EVERY forum crash that I've ever been on, now that I have the power to stop it and put an end to it, I will. I like this forum, I don't want to see it suffer like RPL or other forums of the sort.
Here's what we, we being Zero, Spart, and Karu, plan on having to have happen. I'm going to give everyone ONE week, just ONE. If they don't tone down their rigged factions to reduce the need for competitiveness and other such things, I'm going to call a poll, and welcome the calling of polls to any rigged faction that I still see remaining that is not toned down or given sufficient weakness, and even in MANY cases, I don't care, some things are just to powerful that no matter what weakness they have they MUST be toned down. That means one week for you to justify your rigged factions to me, and the rest of the forum as a whole that is affected by it, if you cannot justify it correctly, and if the majority agrees that it is not correctly justified, then you will either remove it, or bend it to a more level ground with the rest of the forum.
In this I won't pull the whole "Master admins have a better vote" Then the other people. For reason two.
Two,
What the heck happened to a majority vote?
Right now it seems to be a dictatorship, I know Crisis and Necro didn't agree to be put on the spotlight for this, but they are my prime examples, amongst other things too. We gave no permission for another slot to be opened, we being the whole forum, much less giving them the position just because one or two people knew them, and no one else did.
As it was in Eragon, the Dragon Riders fell because no one watched the watchers. Let it not be the case in this, If we do ANYTHING big, whether from just making a new mod to opening a new position for mods, we must have a majority vote of the mods in the system that are active at least. THEN that is far more reasonable because I know at least ONE of us won't be "douching it along" as Zero so finely put it when a vote is called, and we can keep each other in check. I withdrew from my peacekeeping position on the forum, meaning minimizing arguments, because I saw no reason too.
Now i see a whole different reason to put my foot down, so to speak, on what's going on upon this as well, I want this to be far more even than it has been, in polls I think the whole forum should have a say, but when it comes to adding in further mods, or even Master Admin should a time call for another one, I think we should have the mods do it because the mods are people I trust on the whole, mostly, to not let biased views cloud their judgment and make a decision we will all regret. So lets try to involve everyone before we make a big decision, I involved my fellow Master Admin who saw fit enough to appoint me as one, and our two primarily active mods in writing down all I am, and they all agreed with me, so here you are.
Three,
I know I've elaborated on this before,
It's a locked topic now, and I'm guilty of it because this set off yet another chain reaction. At first I said no mixing magic in future at ALL!!
But then I loosened up a little bit, and considered the possibility... And I thought for storylines sake it may be fun to have one or two past characters in future at a time.
Then one or two turned into five on this last venture.
Now I've seen three factions USING magic in the future! Come on now!!
I'm putting my foot down on this as well. Take, the, magic, out.
Atlantis is mainly a super advanced tech, with VERY low numbers, as Spart told me 300, but if he had about 1,000, then I would call his faction rigged, however it's working okay so far, there's hardly any actual magic there.
But, however, I'm not really willing to let it expand beyond that, because the further it does the more that it will become a more and more common things, Zero's new faction actually has magic! Come on now! As I stated in the first issue it will go on and on and on until eventually this forum has no more sense of Eras. I helped correct the future RP's before when they were getting too out of whack and random battles were popping up who knows where and everything, now I'm correcting it early before I have to not only erase factions that by the time I let this progress would be a major part of RP's, but also have to teach everyone how to distinguish Era's..

I want this to be executed reasonably, all of these arguments are valid, as are probably any you could oppose to me, so bring them about as you like, I wanted to bring these to light before it goes down any further than it has, Zero's new faction was pushing it, if it goes any farther it'll go cliff diving with no parachutes, so, with everyone included that's a major part of this forum, I want to bring it to notice again, so that this too might be used to remind us of our past mistakes and not make them in the future.
Now that I Spent an hour typing this since I accidentally refreshed the page and deleted everything I did, let's get this done shall we gents?
Back to top Go down
SinLordCrisis

Random Points Counter : 5577
Random Reputation System : 0

PostSubject: Re: Okay guys, time for another Lecture.   Okay guys, time for another Lecture. Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:32 pm

I'd like to Say that the Ul'damnians are dying as soon as I Actually get back to RPing here, So, they no longer apply to this Problem. That is all

Edit: Oh yeah, and considering all my other factions involve A. The Antareans who have one major fleet that could be decimated by any other fleet due to them being sucky ass hell?...And the ChaosCult/Tyranids haven't even been rped yet, so you can't judge them yet! you don't know if their rigged, That is all.
Back to top Go down
SpartanMario

SpartanMario

Random Points Counter : 14334
Random Reputation System : 16

PostSubject: Re: Okay guys, time for another Lecture.   Okay guys, time for another Lecture. Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:38 pm

Do they make sense in the story? (as in will they add on value to the story and not take away from it)
Back to top Go down
http://www.SnipingYou^_^.com
Lucy-Deadwoman

Lucy-Deadwoman

Random Points Counter : 5089

PostSubject: Re: Okay guys, time for another Lecture.   Okay guys, time for another Lecture. Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:02 pm

Okay, i know this doesnt apply to me since i havent really done much... but i would like to say...!

THAT I COMPLETELY AGREE!

cat Very Happy Smile Wink Exclamation Razz
Back to top Go down
SpartanMario

SpartanMario

PostSubject: Re: Okay guys, time for another Lecture.   Okay guys, time for another Lecture. Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:20 pm

(gives fenix a Nobel peace prize)
Back to top Go down
TehNinja

TehNinja

Random Points Counter : 6858
Random Reputation System : -11

PostSubject: Re: Okay guys, time for another Lecture.   Okay guys, time for another Lecture. Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:35 pm

I can heavily recall a future rp with spartan that is a prime exampe of this:

Me: sends an attack of mechanized soldiers
Spartan: Uses an EMP wave and shuts them all down

You are absolutely correct here fenix, rigging crap in rps is annoying.
Back to top Go down
SpartanMario

SpartanMario

PostSubject: Re: Okay guys, time for another Lecture.   Okay guys, time for another Lecture. Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:52 pm

Ninja u haven't even been in the future rp for like when did u get in again?
Nor up to date
Back to top Go down
Fenix

Fenix

PostSubject: Re: Okay guys, time for another Lecture.   Okay guys, time for another Lecture. Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:25 pm

No, Spart has been doing very well on his level of riggedness.
And to Crisis, I haven't seen them, but that doesn't mean I can't read that a solar thingy can easily tear a hole in a capital ship,
no matter the rounds or the accuracy, that's rigged by all standards,
I haven't seen them yet, but I can read, and I'm just pointing out what I can read, and what you so saw fit to put on there. That is all you gave me to judge by, that is what I'm judging by.
Back to top Go down
SinLordCrisis

Random Points Counter : 5577

PostSubject: Re: Okay guys, time for another Lecture.   Okay guys, time for another Lecture. Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:14 pm

...Solar thingy?....That's still the Ul'damnians....and like i said, their about to freakin die... I'm talking about my none-rigged factions that have yet to be Rped, Such as the Antareans, The Tyranids, and the Chaos Cult, none of them have anything to do with fleets so far even...hell..the only one that has a standing fleet is the Antareans, and they suck!, The Tyranids have organic ships...So they are gonna die pretty quickly, And i havent even mentioned Chaos Ships yet..as far as i know. So i don't see where this applies to the rest of my factions..only to the soon-to-be-gone-Ul'damnians.
Back to top Go down
Fenix

Fenix

PostSubject: Re: Okay guys, time for another Lecture.   Okay guys, time for another Lecture. Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:53 am

I don't really care, as long as they're gone and don't make a comeback, and if they do make a comeback then to be toned down.
All I did was tell you everything that was making this forum snowball.
Take with it what you will, Crisis, but that was only one concern, nor am I really interested in hearing about what's rigged and what's not.
The Ul-whatevers were the only faction I Was really referring too, and as long as they're dead or dying i don't really care right now because nothing else is in any of the RP's right now so I have no ground if they're rigged or w/e.
I'm just telling you what WILL and what HAS made this forum started to snowball, and what I'm going to keep from continuing to happen.
Nor do I recall mentioning any of your other factions in particular Crisis, so I don't see the need for you to bring them up, only the one that I Felt was rigged is apparently going to die, which is good.
So let it be as is, I just told you everything, make with it what you will.
Back to top Go down
AlphaQHard

AlphaQHard

Random Points Counter : 7440

PostSubject: Re: Okay guys, time for another Lecture.   Okay guys, time for another Lecture. Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:26 pm

Yet another reason why I left the forum :O. But at least the level of rigged-ness is going down, so that's all good. Good news? I have all easy classes and may come back to starcraft Smile
Back to top Go down
Atomic_Fire

Atomic_Fire

Random Points Counter : 9676
Random Reputation System : 14

PostSubject: Re: Okay guys, time for another Lecture.   Okay guys, time for another Lecture. Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:47 am

Fenix, good for you speaking up and enforcing. I agree.

This was half the reason I quit RPing so long ago. It just seems like a horribly made movie with quarreling directors.

Back to top Go down
SpartanMario

SpartanMario

PostSubject: Re: Okay guys, time for another Lecture.   Okay guys, time for another Lecture. Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:58 am

Not true atomic, u quit long before this started to snowball and we all needed a lecture
REASON you quit if i remember was because u ran out of ideas and couldn't fit in the rp.
I suck at RPing and can't think of any ideas other than endless wars against zero with my generic, uncreative, godmodded heroes and factions. Atomic is too good for my shitty RPs.
Back to top Go down
Fenix

Fenix

PostSubject: Re: Okay guys, time for another Lecture.   Okay guys, time for another Lecture. Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:26 pm

Stop. This is not going to be a flame war on this topic. And I know it'll turn into one, if there's another response like that I will delete it. I can't see anything truly rigged about any of the factions anymore though, so no worries there. Someone lock this down if they see it fit to be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Okay guys, time for another Lecture.   Okay guys, time for another Lecture. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Okay guys, time for another Lecture.
Page 1 of 1